NPCB & VI
National Programme for Control Of Blindness & Visual Impairement (NPCB & VI)
- Goals & Objectives of NPCB :-
- To reduce the backlog of blindness.
- Develop and strengthen the strategy of NPCBVI for “Eye Health” and prevention of visual impairment; through provision of comprehensive eye care services and quality service delivery.
- To enhance community awareness on eye care and lay stress on preventive measures.
- Increase and expand research for prevention of blindness and visual impairment.
- To secure participation of Voluntary Organizations/Private Practitioners in eye Care.
- The salient features :-
- The major causes of blindness are Cataract, Refractive errors, Glaucoma, Corneal Opacity, Trauma and Vitamin A deficiency etc.
- All districts have been sensitized for Screening and treatment of new components ;- Diabetic Retinopathy, Childhood Blindness, Glaucoma, Vitero retinal Surgery.
- Large No. of Voluntary Organizations are active to provide services.
How To Apply
For more information please contact State HQ- 0172-2582448,